George Washington University Law School, J.D. expected 2021
North Dakota State University, Ph.D. Biochemistry, 2016
Shaanxi Normal University, B.S. Biotechnology, 2009
English, Mandarin Chinese
Junru is currently a law student at The George Washington University Law School, where she is a member of the AIPLA Quarterly Journal. Junru earned her Ph.D. in Biochemistry from North Dakota State University. Her
doctorate research focused on the mechanistic and structural-functional features of two classes of enzymes with potential clinical applications. Junru earned her bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology from Shaanxi Normal University in Xi’an, China. Junru was co-authored on several peer-reviewed journal articles. Other professional experiences include translating, assisting in research, and assisting in teaching.
1. T. Anajafi, J. Yu, A. Sedigh, M. Haldar, W. Muhonen, S. Oberlander, H. Wasness, J. Froberg, M. S. Molla, K. Katti, Y. Choi, D.K. Srivastava & S. Mallik. Nuclear Localizing Peptide Conjugated, Redox Sensitive Polymersomes for Delivering Curcumin and Doxorubicin to Pancreatic Cancer Micro-tumors. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2017. 24(16): 1916-1928.
2. S. You, J. Froberg, J. Yu, A. Sedigh, D.K. Srivastava & Y. Choi. Real-time Monitoring Conformational Transitions of Single-Molecule Histone Deacetylase 8 with Nanocircuits. Chemical Communications. 2017. 53: 3307-3310.
3. J. Yu, M. Haldar, S. Mallik & D.K. Srivastava. Role of the Substrate Specificity-Defining Residues of Human SIRT5 in Modulating the Structural Stability and Inhibitory Features of the Enzyme. PloS one. 2016. 11(3): e0152467.
4. R.K. Singh, K. Cho, S.K.R. Padi, J. Yu, M. Haldar, T. Mandal, C. Yan, G. Cook, S. Mallik & D.K. Srivastava. Mechanism of N-Acetylthiourea Mediated Activation of Histone Deacetylase 8 at Molecular and Cellular levels. Journal of Biology Chemistry. 2015. 290(10):6607-6619.
5. C. Bai, J. Yu, F. Yu, P. Zheng, “Genetic Diversity and Construction of Primary Core Germplasm in Cornus Officinalis by ISSR Marker”, Acta Botanica Boreali-occidentalia Sinica. 2009. 29(12).
6. P. Zheng, J. Yu, C. Bai, “Analysis of GC-MS and Study of Antioxidant Activity of fat-soluble Components in the Seeds of Trifolium Pratense L”, Journal of Xi’an University of Arts & Science (Natural Science Edition). 2008. 11(2): 24-28.